dlink range extender is among the best range extender available and used in the market in the last 1 decade. these range extenders have emerged as a hope for reliability, security, and performance. Range Extenders are plug & device that helps to extend the reach and signal strength of existing wireless router/modem. today in this post we help you understand dlinkap.local and how to use it for dlink WiFi extender setup and login. range extenders are also known as a repeater, WiFi booster
Prepare for Installation
dlink extenders are compatible with any wifi router/modem. for setting up dlink range extender there are few key points that one must acquire firsthand before going for the installation. tiny details are essential for a fast & smooth setup. please keep information handy such as-
- a working router with a stable internet connection
- the network name and wifi password of the existing wireless router
- power outlet and ethernet cable (optional)
- computer or smartphone
- default IP address or web address of dlink extender
there are multiple methods to connect the extender with the main WiFi router but we choose the easy one with comprehensive methods. we will also explain different methods of the setup too such as – installation with cable and extender setup with WPS Key.
your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
How to Setup Dlink wifi range extender
The easiest way to do this in a quick way is to follow the given steps below. at any point, if it fails do reset the extender and start all over again.
Step 1 plug the range extender not far from the main router & turn it on. Go to your computer which is near to the extender and refresh the available WiFi network list.
Step 2 Now you may see a new network name such as dlink -faq most of the time its unsecured and would not require a password to connect however if it asks for the password please look at the wireless configuration card that came with dlink extender or look at the bottom of extender for wireless password.
Note– default dlink range extender ip address is 192.168.0.50 or you can use simply http://dlinkap.local
Step 3 now start the configuration and follow on screen instruction for configuration. select region, language and time zone
Step 4 search for the available network around your range extender and select your main wifi network name and click next. it will ask for your main wifi password to join the extender with the main wifi network. please enter the password and click next.
Step 5 you can make a new network name and password for the extender and choose settings such as guest network, dual-band settings security authentication. one can also lock the extender admin panel with a password and update the extender firmware.
Step 6 save the settings and reboot the extender. your range extender is now configured so you can unplug the range extender & place it anywhere within your home to depending on your router and extender range. make sure the extender is placed within 25-30 meters from the router.
Reset Dlink range extender
in any case, if the setup of dlink extender fails please reset the range extender to default settings using the method given below.
- plug the range extender into a power source and turn it on.
- locate the reset key at the back of the extender and press it with any tiny object such as a paperclip or pen
- Press it and hold the reset key for the next 20-30 seconds and when all lights start flashing please let the reset key go.
- restart the dlink extender and wait for it to boot up. then start the whole process of setting up dlink extender from the start as mentioned above.
in case if you fail to make connections between the extender and computer or smartphone to begin with, trying the Ethernet cable to make the connection but you must use a laptop with an Ethernet port on it. here is how you do it –
Connect Dlink Extender to Computer
- Plug the extender to a power outlet and turn it on.
- connect the dlink extender with a computer using an internet cable from the first port of the extender to the Ethernet port of the computer.
- Now open the web Browser & go to http://dlinkap.local to access the extender setup page. follow the same methods as explained in the above method to get the extender configured and ready.
we hope all the information provided above helped you get the information you were looking for. in any case, if you need any assistance contact support toll-free for quick help with dlink extender.